Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hello from Yellowstone

It is Wednesday.  Tonight we are staying at the beautiful rustic Old Faithful Inn in one of the historic rooms.  We have camped out for the last 7 nights and really enjoyed it.  Well, except for the night we almost froze to death!
Thanks to friends giving us another sleeping bag and blanket we were warmer the next nights.  Tonight we will enjoy being in an inn.  Yellowstone has been quite an experience.  We have seen so much wildlife--hundreds and hundreds of bison (one I could have reached out of my car window and touched), grizzley bears and cubs (from a distance), wolves, pronghorn, elk, mule deer, eagles, and other small birds and mammals.  I have taken over 900 pictures so far this trip.  I will get them downloaded tonight and post some tomorrow.  It's going to be hard to choose a few!  We have enjoyed evening meals with Ann and David and Tom and Judy and visiting around the campfire.  We will be heading up toward Glacier tomorrow.  Our hike to Sperry Chalet begins on Sunday morning.  We will hike out on Tuesday and spend more time in Glacier either doing more hikes or recuperating from the 12-mile hike out! 

We are having so much fun.  The first 2 weeks have gone quickly.  We have decided that we are just going with the flow and aren't making any definite plans when we will be back home.  I will post as I can, but we don't always have internet connections.  Love, Don and Kathy

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are posting things! I love reading about your adventures. I can't believe you have taken 900 pictures already!!! Wow!!! We will talk soon...
    I love you two!

    ReplyDelete